Most teenagers are reluctant to follow a good skincare routine and often wait to take care of their skin until a problem shows up – this is not the best approach! Whether you want to prevent or control oiliness, congestion and breakout or just maintain a healthy glow; you should start a skincare routine sooner rather than later. Age does not matter; our skin has the same basic needs at every age!
Your daily skincare routine can be fast, simple, and inexpensive. These skincare tips will help you develop a great skincare routine that works for your budget and your life.
- Thoroughly cleanse your face: Wash your face daily with an antibacterial face wash. We recommend our Foam Fighter foaming face wash. Gently rub 1 to 2 pumps of foam into your face with clean hands. Rinse off with water.
- Cleanse your skin with a facial toner: It is best to use a facial toner after cleansing to remove any excess oils or residue on the skin. It can be applied over the whole face, concentrating on the T-Zone (forehead, nose, and chin) which is more prone to oiliness and impurities. We recommend our Fresh Crusader toning face wipes. Use one wipe after cleansing the face, or during the day to remove excess dirt and oil.
- Care for the skin: Choose a moisturiser that is right for your skin type to leave your skin looking fresh and radiant. We recommend our Smart Hydrator repair moisturiser. A moisturiser for acne prone skin that is intensively hydrating, non-sticky, soothes irritation and redness, and helps to regain control over demanding blemish-prone skin. Your skin will feel smooth and supple after the first application. The active ingredients seep deep into the skin to produce new healthier skin cells, rather than excess oils. Do not fall into the trap of not moisturizing because you think you do not need more hydration. Hydration is a key factor in normalizing the skin and balancing oil production.
- Protect your skin: Facial care to protect your skin from external influence such as the sun is of utmost importance for all skin regardless of your age, gender, or ethnicity. Our Control Freak SPF30 moisturiser provides weightless protection that helps keep your skin matte, reduce blemishes, soothes the skin, and protects against harmful UV rays from the sun. Reduces oil production without clogging pores leaving the skin noticeably clearer and smoother. Spray directly onto the face and with clean hands gently rub into the skin making sure to cover all areas of the face. Best applied every morning after your morning cleansing routine.
- Intensive care for the skin: Exfoliate at least once a week with our Power Powder exfoliating powder. Powder scrub that unclogs pores and refines the skin texture while reducing blackheads and blemishes. It is an oil-free formula that leaves the skin noticeably smoother, clearer, and more refined. Place about 5 grams of powder in the palm of your hand. Add a small amount of water to make a ball of foam. Gently rub the foam into your face making sure to get into all difficult areas. Rinse off with warm water. EXPERT ADVICE: Mix Power Powder with 2 pumps of Foam Fighter for a 2 in 1 cleansing and exfoliating action!
Tailoring your skincare system and strengthening your skin from a young age can help allay future concerns. You would not wait till you are nutrient deficient before eating healthy foods; the same approach applies to your skin.
Get ahead of the skincare curve and start young. It is easier to prevent rather than fix the problem later!