Do skincare supplements really work?
YES! Using the correct skincare supplement will leave your skin clearer and glowing from within! Your body needs a balanced supply of nutrients to stay healthy and your skin, which is the largest organ in the human body, is no different. A skin-friendly supplement provides a 360-degree approach to skincare delivering targeted nutrients to the skin that we do not get in topical treatments.
People benefit from supplements because of the variation in genetics, exposure to environmental factors, free radical damage from oxidative stress, exposure to the sun, medical conditions and overall lifestyle choices. The process of aging and skin damage can be slowed down and even reversed through the appropriate use of skincare supplements.
What are nutricosmetics?
Nutricosmetics (nutrients + cosmetic) are products and ingredients that act as nutritional supplements to care for the skin, nails and hair. They work from the inside to promote beauty from within. Topical cosmetics target the outer layers of the skin and nutricosmetics target the deeper layers (heart of the skin). Nutricosmetics does not replace topical products; they complement and enhance the effects of topical cosmetics. Nutricosmetics offer a deep and focused action through micro-encapsulation, micro-fragmentation and bio-assimilation to delivery results where the skin needs it.
Why should some supplements be taken on an empty stomach?
Some supplements such as QMS Collagen Intravital Plus and RITES Vitality Champion has faster and better absorption of nutrients when taken on an empty stomach. That means taking them first thing in the morning, 30 minutes prior to eating, or two hours after a meal. Nutrients in the supplements pass through the stomach into the small intestine. Majority of nutrient absorption happens in the small intestine. From there these nutrients are transported via the blood circulation to the cells and tissues where they have a beneficial effect.
What are the benefits of using Collagen Intravital Plus?
With Collagen Intravital Plus Nutricosmetics, Dr Schulte’s research into orthomolecular therapy for skin lead him to develop a nutritional supplement to provide alternative therapy of healthy skin. The supplement aims to build on the idea to create an optimum nutritional environment for the skin as deficiencies could lead to accelerated skin damage. Providing a supplement with the optimum concentration of necessary active ingredients could reverse existing signs of skin damage.
- Overall improved skin quality
- Protect the skin from the negative impact of the sun and environmental factors
- Prevents premature photo-induced skin aging
- Plumping fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin hydration, suppleness and radiance
- Strengthens the skin’s immune system
- Antioxidant & Anti-inflammatory
- Improves irregular pigmentation and uneven skin colour
- Refines skin texture and normalize sebum production
- Treats and prevents scarring
- Refines pore sizes and smooths skin texture
- Suitable for all skin types
What are the benefits of using Vitality Champion?
Powerful supplement packed with skincare nutrients to reduce inflammation associated with acne and pimple-prone skin. The formulation targets the four main causes of problematic skin: excessive oiliness, inflammation, bacterial overgrowth and poor skin health.
- Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant and helps prevent acne.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and promotes the healing of damaged skin.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and protects the skin from damage.
- Vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin A work synergistically in the body to further enhance each one’s effectiveness.
- Zinc prevents acne and regulates the function of the skin oil glands.
- Selenium works with Vitamin E as a powerful antioxidant to protect the skin from damage.
- Grape seed and pine bark are sources of the antioxidant oligomeric proanthocyanidin (OPC) and assist in preventing skin inflammation and damage.
- Primrose oil contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which assists with the regulation of sex hormones, including estrogen and testosterone.
We believe in feeding your body (and skin) for optimal health. Skin care starts from within and what you put into your body matters and shows up on your skin. Introducing a skincare supplement with the optimum concentration of vitamins, minerals and nutrients can reverse skin damage, protect your skin and improve skin conditions.
*Supplements serve to compliment skin treatments but should not replace a healthy and balanced diet.