The skin around the eye needs special care and this part of the body is very delicate and thin. The eye contour is 0.05mm thin compared to the 1mm on the rest of the face and is also very low in collagen and elastin fibres. This is why the eye area is the first to show the damage of time. Proper skincare is vital for keeping the skin smooth and youthful, reducing, and preventing damage.
- Remove eye make-up with a gentle cotton pad. Excessive pulling or rubbing on a daily basis will lead to long term damage, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Avoid applying your eye cream too close to the eye. The product travels when it warms up with your body temperature and if you apply the product too close to the eye it can go into the eye, causing irritation and puffiness.
- “Avoid eye area.” This skin is 40% thinner than the rest of your face and much more sensitive. Most products are not safe for these areas unless they are specifically formulated for it. Only use dedicated products that have been specially developed for the eye area and are safe, anti-irritant and non-allergic.
- Sleep, eat well, exercise and repeat! Change your lifestyle habits to protect the skin around the eye. Be sure to get 7 to 8 hours of shut eye per night so your eyes can rejuvenate. Eat a balanced and healthy diet and exercise daily for your eyes to sparkle, look revived and brighter. Your eyes reflect what is happening on the inside.
- Dehydration can cause puffiness and dryness around the eye area. Make sure you are drinking enough water during the day and watch your salt intake!
We recommend our Intensive Eye Care to nourish the delicate eye area and target common concerns such as dryness, sagging, fine lines and wrinkles, and sensitivity. It contains powerful active ingredients and glides easily around the eye area to combat the real markers of aging.